Verve Therapeutics is a biotechnology company created with a singular focus: to protect the world from heart disease. Founded by world-leading experts in cardiovascular medicine, human genetics, and gene editing, the company aims to develop transformative, once-and-done therapies for coronary heart disease. Verve’s gene-editing medicines are designed to safely edit the genome of adults and mimic naturally occurring gene variants to permanently lower LDL cholesterol and triglyceride levels. The company is advancing a pipeline of precision genetic medicines, led by VERVE-101, which is being developed initially for heterozygous familial hypercholesterolemia, a potentially fatal genetic heart disease. In 2020 and 2021, Verve was selected as a Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal and one of the Endpoints 11, which recognizes the most promising startups in biotech. Verve is headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Our Analytics team is seeking an expert who has expertise in cell-based assays and analytical biochemistry. This is an expanding team with an opportunity to join an expanding team that will give you rewarding intellectual and career development while contributing to therapies for one of the most important indications.
- Verve is seeking a Senior Scientist that has a deep understanding of the following:
- Cell culture and cell-based assay development experience
- Protein biochemistry expertise covering: protein purification and analysis
- Molecular biology and applied biological assay development
- [Combined experience with oligonucleotide biology and biochemistry analytics]
- Experience in analytical method development for RNA-based therapies would be a big asset. Important analytical methods include HPLC, capillary electrophoresis, qPCR. NMR and applicable analytical expertise in oligo biology and chemistry to support analytical method development and testing of mRNA and gRNA oligonucleotide drug substance and drug product across all stages of development.
- The role is flexible with respect to the level of experience and title. This individual will be involved across multiple projects development stages in developing analytical and bioanalytical methods for mRNA and guide RNA, and LNPs.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for designing developing or optimizing, and executing analytical methods from lab scale to preclinical development, interpreting data; analytical methods transfer to CMOs, and oversight thereof. The scientist in this position will be part of an integrated R&D project team that aims to advance preclinical gene editing candidates into the clinic. This is a hands-on role with a great degree of independence.
- Candidates should have proven experience in oligonucleotide analytical qPCR, RT-qPCR, and/or NGS method development, and hands-on experience with state-of-the-art analytical instruments.
- Familiarity with quality control processes would be an advantage.
- Knowledge/hands-on experience in oligonucleotide lipid nanoparticle delivery or process development, or production and purification short and large oligonucleotides are a plus.
- Candidates should have earned a master's degree or Ph.D. in chemistry, analytical chemistry, biochemistry, pharmacy, or related area and should have multiple years of experience in a biotech laboratory setting.
Verve Therapeutics is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.